Professional Storyteller

Share a Story - Change the World

Help!--Advice on Email List Services/Software?

For part of my birthday I am finally getting an email list service/software. I could use your help as to what services and/or software you recommend.

I send out a semi-monthly email list of Utah storytelling events open to the public beyond my own gigs. There are 600 and growing emails of storytellers (about 100) and story appreciators mainly from Utah and a few from Idaho. I need to take the next level of professionalism and have a high-quality email list service.

Besides companies to use, please share general tips on features to remember.

Tags: email, features, list, service, software, tips

Views: 16

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Rachel,
A lot of people use AWeber.com . I have always handled my own e-newsletters - lists, etc. I know it takes a lot of time, but I do feel that I have established the so-necessary personal relationships with my readers.
Chris King
Some of my friends sent me a response to this email list service question though I would like to share them so I am not the only one benefiting.

The following services were recommended to check out--
1. Dada Mail (shared by Dianne de Las Casas and Buck P Creacy)
This one is free and Dianne says it works well with her 11,000 and growing email list.

2. GoDaddy.com (shared by Buck P Creacy)
Price starts at $5.59 on up to $19.99/month except that it seems to cap at 5,000 emails per month.

3. AWeber (shared by Chris King and Eric Wolf)
There is a fee determined on how many are on your list starting at $19.00 a month. As you grow, the cost goes up.

4. Constant Contact (shared by Ramona King)
You can call a number to get free personal coaching about their services. Pricing starts at $15.00 a month and higher depending on the number of emails on your list.

5. Yahoo Groups (shared by Dianne de Las Casas)
Dianne mentioned that this one, though free, only allows you to add 10 emails/day unless you get special permission.

Thank you for sharing!

Until we tell again,

Rachel Hedman
Hi Rachel!
I've been waiting to send a response to your request for information until I attended a workshop last week about the E-mail marketing service, Constant Contact. After learning about this program, I am very impressed, and I understand it is possible to receive a free three-month intro to the program before starting to pay the $15/mo fee. I can put you in touch with the person who provided this workshop if you think you might want to take advantage of the three-month trial. Hope you have (or had) a very happy birthday.
Best wishes,
Glenda

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by Don 'Buck P' Creacy.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service