Since I began this site about 2 months ago, it has really grown! Major contributors to the site's growth include Rachel Hedman, Buck Creacy, Sean Buvala, Tim Ereneta, and Tom Taylor. They have been the "backbone" of the site, really contributing and helping Professional Storyteller grow. We're already at 175 as of this date! Thank you so much, my friends. I <3 U!
I would love to see it grow even more ,so I took Buck up on his suggestion to make our goal 250 tellers by April 1, 2008. That's no April Fool's joke!
Please invite tellers from your guild, and tellers you meet at conferences, retreats, festivals, and get-togethers. Invite your online teller friends at places like MySpace and FaceBook. Invite tellers from your personal address book.
Here are the benefits of joining Professional Storyteller:
1. It's cool.
2. It's free.
3. You make new friends and connect with storytellers around the world.
4. You can upload photos, audios, videos, and other files.
5. You can join a group and get help in the area(s) you need. There is Storytelling in Education, Marketing, Technology, and so many others.
6. You can create your own forum or group.
7. You can create your own blog.
8. You can customize the features of your page, including layout and background.
9. You can make other people feel good by sending them love through "comments."
10. You can show everyone what a "techie" you are because you belong to the Net's coolest social networking site!
So, what do I get out of this? Absolutely nothing. I mean no monetary compensation. I do get lots out of it. I get to see my fellow storytellers reach out to each other and lift each other up. It's fun to see the storytelling community up close and personal like this. And through technology, no less!
So please reach out and help us make our 250 member goal by April 1, 2008!
We can do it!
Dianne de Las Casas
Founder of Professional Storyteller
P.S. BTW, Rachel, you win the previous contest. Send me a message with your address so that I can send you the book! :) Dianne